Saturday 5 November 2011

Tate Liverpool ..........

I'm very Excited ! I was just on the Tigerprint website & they had a post about Tate Liverpools exhibition on....... wait for it .......
A L I C E  I N  W O N D E R L A N D !!
Yikes, I am too excited as it started yesterday & runs till Jan 2012 which means when I go to Liverpool next week for my birthday I can make an appearance there !

Well I am truly truly too excited for words ! Love it x


For more details visit here

Taken from the website see below a little insight into the exhibition :

''Lewis Carroll’s timeless novels, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, have fascinated children and adults alike since their publication over 150 years ago. Alice in Wonderland at Tate Liverpool is the first exhibition of its kind to explore how Lewis Carroll’s stories have influenced the visual arts, inspiring generations of artists. The exhibition will provide insight into the creation of the novels and the inspiration they have provided for artists through the decades.

The starting point for the exhibition is Carroll’s original manuscript, written in 1864 as a present for ten year old Alice Liddell. Carroll’s own illustrations ensured that images were central to the story, creating a visual world which took on a life of its own.

Alice in Wonderland will offer visitors a rare opportunity to view Carroll’s own drawings and photographs, alongside Victorian Alice memorabilia and John Tenniel’s preliminary drawings for the first edition of the novel. '

So I think it is only right to re-show you some design work I developed for a competition some time ago now ! I was however really pleased to see print&pattern show one of the designs as something that they liked ! Ye x x

It's based around Alice in Wonderland but with a quirky colourful twist, inspired by the 2010 film re-make !! Enjoy !

Amazing work came out of this competition & there are some really talented guys out there !

It's this above design that was given the thumbs up by Bowie at Print & pattern which made me smile ! Just look further down on the blog page for some of her faves x x






No comments:

Post a Comment